DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bled my clutch (95 Talon TSI AWD) as per the Chilton's Manual and now my clutch pedal stays down and wont come back up by itself. I also can not get it into gear either, it starts but cant get into gear (it grinds). Any help would be grealy appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Looks like you have air, lots of it.

I have no experience with the conventional way of clutch bleeding because I use a mity vac. I tied my clutch up when I sucked the fluid out and it is perfect. Except the lines have deposits and the fluid gets foggy in a week.

All you can do is bleed some more...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but there are no air bubbles any more as I continue bleeding. just more fluid that comes out.

basically the pedal will salm to the floor if i very lightly push it and I have to pull it back up before it will come back up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That means there is air still left in there. This is what I do. It is obviously easier if you have someone else. First pump the clutch about 5 times then push the pedal down all the way and with a broomstick or anything else you have around put it on the pedal and against the car seat to hold it there. Go to the slave cylinder open the little fitting and air/fluid should come out. You want to make sure that the resevoir is always full or you can get more air through it if you let it get really low. Keep doing that until there is pressure. I know some people use this method but forget to keep adding fluid in the resevoir.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for the noobie question but which resevoir are you talking about? the one at the end of the hose that i connect to the bleed nipple?

·
Registered
412 Posts
The clutch fluid resevoir. The on close to the firewall by the brake fluid reservoir

1 - 9 of 9 Posts