DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I put a deposit down on a 98 Talon TSi AWD on Monday of this week. On the test drive I took a few hard lefts to check for clutch problems and it seemed fine. I also had someone listen to the engine for ticking when pushing the clutch in and out which came back fine too.

When I got home I did a bit of reading and found a post by someone who said that if the RPM's drop when the clutch is pushed in - this is a sign of crankwalk. This car did exactly that so i'm basically wondering if it means what I think it means, or if it is a more common thing.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,495 Posts
it could mean that it has cw. Take it somewhere and have the crankshaft endplay measured.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It could also been a bad clutch slave or master cylinder causing the drop in RPMs when you pushed the clutch pedal in...did it shift gears fine?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gears shift fine.. it seemed to me like the clutch engagement point was a bit low but other than that everything was good. I had it up on the hoist tonight at the dealership and could find no noticable play in the crank pulley. I haven't had a chance to check it with a set of calipers yet but will be doing that tomorrow morning.

Any other opinions would be appreciated!

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts