DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i got all the bolts off and am ready to fill the tranny fluid. however, the 1/2 inch hose only goes into the hole an inch. i even put a zip tie into the fill hole and that only goes in an inch. i am on a very very slight decline so i think i'm going to jack up my car in the front so it tilts back somewhat. any info would help. thanks.

kevin
'90 talon tsi fwd

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Just drop it level when done so any excess can drain before inserting the fill plug.

(Yeah, there's parts inside there)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dropped the car....

yeah i dropped the car--lowered it from the jackstand. and now the tranny plug won't go in. and i can't get fluid in there without it coming out, nothing goes in. maybe it would help to put a 1/4inch tube in instead of a 1/2 inch? thanks

kevin
90 talon tsi fwd

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I mean drop it level after you have it filled.

As for getting the fluid in, lets not make rocket science out of this. Did you drain the old fluid first - maybe the tranny is full. Can you look in through the hole and see the insides of the tranny? Maybe the hole is plugged. Can't get the plug back in???? Are the threads intact? Do you have the plug cross threaded? There really isn't much here to screw up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts