DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have a 97 GSX with intake, greddy bov and piping. The other day I purchased a boost gauge and a Extreme MBC. I am absolutely positve that I hooked everything up correctly. Yet it seems as though the boost controller doesn't work. The boost gauge always jumps to around 20psi whenever I step on it, even at different settings on the boost controller. I'm afraid i'm ruining my engine and am confused with what to do. Could a vacuum or boost leak be the cause, did i hook up something wrong, or maybe I have a faulty gauge. Also what vacuum readings to you all get when idling, or cruising. Thanks in advance to anyone that has any ideas.

·
Registered
921 Posts
well lets start with a quick test. remove the MBC and just run the line to the W/G from the turbo. Boost should be slow and low =-) maybe about 7-9 PSI. if that works then there is a prob with the install ( i know I know ;-) or the unit it self. it is only a check ball design so open it up and see it might be stuck

------------------
Bill Marino
NYC DSM
[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts