DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please tell me how I can get my 96 Eclipse Bumper off. I have a new blitz bumper to put on and I have no idea where all the screws are and how to get to them. Could someone please help me out or send me a link to a site that would walk me through it. Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Search here for "remove bumper"...you should come up with something.

I know we've discussed this before...I remember cuz one part of it is actually PULLING on the bumper to release the snap-on clips. I remember thinking OUCH!

Search...you'll find it.

·
Honorary Administrator
17,452 Posts
You may find a more detailed description if you search but here is a rough run down.

-3 or so plastic body clips in the fender wells need to be pulled. They hold the fender liner to the bumper.

-disconnect the sider marker lights.

-5 bolts under the hood between the headlights.

-2 bolts in the corners of the bumper holding it to the fender in front of the front tires and behind the headlights. These can be removed by looking up under the car and using a long extension.

-There are 2 remaining plastic clips that secure the bumper to the bumper cover under the headlights. This is where you grit your teeth and pull. The clips wont come out without removing the lights and the lights don' t come out without removing the bumper. Not easily atleast. The urethane tabs will rip around the clips. They aren't needed and the bumper will not sag without them.

I think that is all of them. Anyone car to add anything?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Missed some erik

Should be some on the bottom of the nose, under the radiator support beam like 4 or 5 in between the two openings near the edges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts