DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I have a 1997 gst with 133k miles with minor mods in my sig.
So i decided to change my tranny fluid yesterday because i dont know if the previous owner had ever changed it and gears were started to go in unhappily. So i used redline mt 10 followed vfaq and drained it accordingly. Took the car out for a spin no problems. Today i took the car for a spin no problems. Then i decided let me do some WOT pulls. Every gear goes in then 5th doesnt. So I slow down and try to put it in first did not go. It did not go into any gear. So I turn the car off put the car in first then turn it on it starts to drag forward barely trying to turn on. Clutch then got stuck all the way down and would not come up. It then came back up but had almost zero pressure. I think the clutch is gone. But my buddy thinks it has something to do with my hydraulic system. Wat do you guys think?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think that I have been in your shoes a couple times. I would check the line between the accumulator and slave cylinder for your clutch. I would be willing to bet that one of the ends (most likely the slave end) would be cracked or loose. Don't try and fix the line and reflare the end. Go to a shop that makes brake lines, or if your not in a hurry go online and order a 2g ss clutch line. Make sure that if you have a shop make one for you that you make it long enought to get rid of the accumulator and also that you get the right fitting to bolt on. Then once you get your new ss braided line installed bleed the entire system from the slave cylinder and your clutch should be better then new. If that doesn't fix the problem, then you will atleast have a nice new line on your car, especially once you put in a new clutch. lol. I hope that works for you, and I think that is the problem. I had that happen 3 times before I had the ss line made!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was no liquid under the dash where the cylinder would usually leak. There was nothing by the the black rubber piece up all the way on top of the pedal.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yeah, if you had a leaky line, you'd see fluid somewhere, and it would be missing from the resavoir (sp). Check the slave....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The slave is working fine it opens and closes normally. Im pretty sure my clutch isnt disengaging. Cause since i bought the car it engaged way too early. At 133k miles i think its time for a new clutch.(I really want a new clutch) Haha.

·
Registered
517 Posts
fanaticdsm-er said:
The slave is working fine it opens and closes normally. Im pretty sure my clutch isnt disengaging. Cause since i bought the car it engaged way too early. At 133k miles i think its time for a new clutch.(I really want a new clutch) Haha.
I would suggest getting a twin disk! I am trying to burn up my clutch so I can put my 3200 act that I bought from a buddy, so that I can burn that one up and once I do that I will pick up a twin disk ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
God damn thats alot of clutch burning haha. I took my stock clutch apart yesterday and sure engouh on of the springs on the disk were demolished and was rubing up against the flywheel. The clutch was done regardless yo ucould see the rivets and the hotspots on the pressure plate and all that. It was time to go haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts