DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Can you guys help me, after driving for at least 20-30 mins, my 2g will suddenly jerk hard while downshifting and it will have a hard time and jerks while going to 2nd and 1st gear vice versa I need to turn off the keys and run it again to be able to move again. I notice that when I'm on Neutral and there's no whining noise, my car will run smooth with no problem. But sometimes my transmission emits a whining noise on Neutral, and that's when the jerking and hard downshifts happens. Can you please help me on this? Do I need a rebuild? Bad TCM? Or other stuff? No engine light.

2g Eclipse is my dream car. I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I just bought a 2004 Honda civic 1.6 sport as my first car but beginning to think should have done further testing before buying. When I took it for a test drive I could hear a whining noise when accelerating, the owner said it was the sound of the vtec, which I believed.

After buying it and takin it home I realised that accelerating hard have a really loud whine. Also when it's in neutral with clutch disengaged thered is a grinding noise, which goes away when I press clutch down.

I've searched the Internet and have found some people hav had similar problems. And concluded with the input shaft bearing. Will this problem lead to any serious consequences if I keep driving it? And how hard is it to replace the bearing myself? I haven't had any mechanical experience before.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts