DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - it's been too long and I'm sure I don't know anyone here anymore but after a 4 year hiatus, I'm diving back into the DSM pool. I'm picking up a '90 TSi AWD which was my friend's mom's car. It's been sitting for a few months not being able to start and my friend finally found what appears to be the smoking gun (no pun intended). The ECU is fried. See exhibits a, b, and c:

The mods on the car that I am aware of:
RC 550cc injectors
Big 16G
Buschur 3" turbo-back
bigger fuel pump
2G MAF

My friend was concerned that possibly the wiring of the MAF may have caused the ECU troubles but he double-checked the wiring and everything looks kosher. Any ideas what could have caused this? I'll be getting a non-EPROM '90 ECU to get the car running with hopes of going to a DSM Link down the road once I can find a reasonable EPROM ECU. I'll see if I can get any more details but your advice would be greatly appreciated, I don't really want to be swapping out ECU's all the time if this could be a recurring thing. Thanks again!

Todd.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I'm pretty sure that ECU's can go bad after time, there isn't necessarily something that *always* causes it. If you've got a Chilton or Haynes or something, maybe check their wiring diagram.

Also, there is a couple sites that have really good info. Google search "1000aaq" and see if you can get to the main page. VFAQ.com has other info, but I don't think that site will help you as much with this project....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.