DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, sorry if this would go better under General Tech. Here's my story, my rear drv side wheel was starting to click so I figured my old friend Mr. Wheel Bearing was making another visit and dropped it off at the dealership. To my relief it wasn't another wheel bearing, it was the upper knuckle bushing. Then they quoted me(hold on)$1290 to do both sides! It seems you can only buy the bushing as part of the entire knuckle/spindle/hub assembly. Struck out at all the local boneyards, Talked to M+S and they have them but not for an ABS car. Talked to Energy Suspension and either I was describing it to them wrong or they make every bushing but the upper one that's bad. Has anyone run into this or have any suggestions? The weather has been rough for a few days so I haven't had the car in the air to really look around, I'm thinking I might be willing to ditch the ABS if I don't come up with an alternative. Any ideas mucho appreciated!

-insert witty sig here

·
Registered
459 Posts
Mine was bad on my 2g but i replaced it w/ an energy suspension bushing as it came in the hyperflex master bushing kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply NeEmo6, maybe I just happened to hook up with the new guy when I contacted them, or maybe my terminology is off? I'll give em another try tomorrow. I appreciate the help, ALOT!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts