DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister has a 95 Esi and under hard Accerleration and up hill the car makes a rattling like sound almost like there is something stuck (in the fans but there is nothing and only does it under hard acc.) or like bearings or something like that are rattling. It's a 1995 Esi Auto 70,000 highway miles, 1,500 miles sense the last oil change(normal 10w30) it just started over the last few days. What could it be.

·
Registered
871 Posts
sounds like marbles being shakin in a coffee can right?
IT'S DETONATION MAN...turn the boost down :D just kiddin. where is the noise comming from, engine bay, under the car???

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
871 Posts
ofcourse i guess a n/a car could detonate too. maybe it's a heat shield or somethin.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats what is sounds like. I'm not sure where it is coming from. All I can tell is that is coming from the front. It sounds like it is at the front front like radiator or even the licence plate but thats not loose and the fans are clear.

·
Registered
102 Posts
throwout bearing.

------------------
Carmen P.
1991 Eclipse GSX

·
Registered
236 Posts
are you sure its not valve ping,or valve rattle,I know my car did this when I first got it,I did and engine flush when I changed the oil,cleaned the throttle body,intake hose,and intake manifold,cleaned the combustion chambers with a spray cleaner,and started runnin high octane fuel,you may want to cheack the exhaust manifold cover and cat cover/heat shield and make sure they are not loose as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts