DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on how to fix my top. My top suddenly won't go back up after I put it down all the way. The only way i can get it to close is to help it up from the back then it will go on its own. I used the search button but I didn't get anything specific. I hoping one of you guys would be able to help me out.

The motor seems to be running ok. I can hear it when I press the button and loud thud sounds( thud- thud- thud) coming from the left side. Does anyone have a clue on whats causing this?:confused:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
check that the switch in the trunk is on

does it kinda go up or just nothing?

switch the trunk switch to manual and pull the top up...
does it go down?

motors might be gone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the switch works. I can move the top up and down with the switch in the front only if I don't put the top down all the way.

Yeah so the switch is on. and it works..

but once i bring the top all the way down, the top won't go up without me pulling it up. all i get is a thud-thud sound coming from the right rear of the car.

has anyone had any problems like this.:confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just recently my top would not go all the way down. I took it to a upholstery shop recommended by the local Mits. dealer. The guy at the upholstery place showed me these links at the middle joint on the top that had bent in half. He straightened them out and everything is back to normal. He said these links bend often. If you think this could be related to your problem, let me know, I could e-mail you a picture of the links that were bent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts