DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my spark plug wires today (AutoLite 7.5mm). Now my car won't hold a steady idle and the pedal response is HELLA sluggish! The motor just shakes when i start the car like it's firing wrong, but I know for a fact that it's wired right. Although, I'm a guy, I might have wired em wrong, but i'm pretty damn sure I did it right. Any ideas on what it could be anybody? or maybe a diagram of spark plug wire placement onto the distributor? Thanks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOH!!! I'm an idiot! :D

I mixed up #2 and #3. Just happened to look through the manual to check the firing order and low and behold, I wired it wrong. Now it's running like a 4g67 champ that it is lol. 4 cylinders is better than 2 :)

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Jon, did you replace the cap(goes inside the distributor cap) when you replaced the wires??

If not, I would recommed you do it. It's an inexpensive part and it's one of the maintenance items you should replace from time to time on a distributor equipped engine.

·
Registered
336 Posts
James did you mean the "rotor?" Thats the part that goes inside the distributer cap that spins around thats good to replace when you replace the cap.

dennis

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blackboost said:
Jon, did you replace the cap(goes inside the distributor cap) when you replaced the wires??

If not, I would recommed you do it. It's an inexpensive part and it's one of the maintenance items you should replace from time to time on a distributor equipped engine.
No, I changed that a little bit ago, so I'm pretty sure it's doing ok :)

Also, what are the stock wire size for our 1.8L's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts