DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 GSx with 6 bolt recently decided to quit starting, i checked for spark and is only getting it on 4,1....can the car start with only 2 cylinders? Also do i need to get the 1g coilpack or the 2g to replace mine? Thank you

·
Registered
384 Posts
replacing the coil pack is a safe bet, not sure on the what generation you need.

two other things could have that affect, the power transistor and cam angle sensor. If the coil pack has no effect move on to those. Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can someone please tell me which generation coilpack i would need, i would hate to see it not work after spending 200 plus because of the compatilibility.

·
Registered
384 Posts
you need a 1g coil pack. $200? I hope you are not going through the dealer for that part...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Autozone quoted me 195 per coil. Where can i get a good working used one? I just got new spark plugs and wires. Pulled out my ECU just to make sure it wasnt causing the problem, not leaking. Just tried to start the car up again tonight after replacing the spark/wires, started by the vibration was several, its running on one cylinder now, checked the spark again, its got a spark on 4,1,3, also took out the fuel rail to see if fuel is getting in and found that it is ok. I do not know wuts happening or i should even purchuse the coil. Other than this headache, i've still got electrical problems from a thief stealing my stero and messing up all the wiring, i've got no working tail, back turn lights at all, traced the wiring but can't find anything wrong, the relay is good, can't find a bad ground anywhere. I hate this

·
Registered
384 Posts
don't get one from autozone. Post up on dsmtuners or look around here, too bad you cant post in the wanted section here I bet a ton of people have them, I have one at home but I'm not going back there for a month or so. As I said before it could be coil pack, power transistor of CAS...it may be more than just replacing the coil pack. I do not know how to further diagnose it other than replacing it with a known good part from a friend or something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you are right lax...might be the CAS.....This issue recently started after i took apart the valve cover to replace the valve seal, might have accidentally damaged the CAS. How can you check for bad CAS with out having to purchuse one? Thank you

·
Registered
384 Posts
tzhbf said:
I think you are right lax...might be the CAS.....This issue recently started after i took apart the valve cover to replace the valve seal, might have accidentally damaged the CAS. How can you check for bad CAS with out having to purchuse one? Thank you
did you take the CAS off? Did you put it on 180 degrees wrong? Make sure all your wiring is good as well, connections etc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, i did not take it off. How can you approximate the 180 degrees with out a timing gun? Or ist the 180 just the position of the CAS? how do you know where is exactly 180? I am such a newb at this.

·
Registered
384 Posts
if your car was running fine with spark and you did not mess with the CAS (as in take it off your car) then that is not your problem.

Try to find someone that you can swap out parts with, trial and error...thats all I got

1 - 12 of 12 Posts