DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy's, i've been recently hearing about the advance timing kits from friends and eBay... has anyone tried or bought them yet? anyone know about it? lmk if it's any use for our 1g eclipse's. thanks

-danny

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
They are basically a waste of money. If you really want to advance timing, you just need a timing light and the ability to rotate the Cam Angle Sensor.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
a5ian5murf said:
hey guy's, i've been recently hearing about the advance timing kits from friends and eBay... has anyone tried or bought them yet? anyone know about it? lmk if it's any use for our 1g eclipse's. thanks

-danny
Are you talking about the kits that come with a diode that you must put in the ECU in order for her to advance the timing?? I saw that POS on e-bay a few days ago.:rolleyes: In short: They're FAKE...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

thanks for the info guy's, i didnt think that crap did much.
i will look further into the timing change, and also is it safe?? im just asking cause a friend of mine with a prelude said he changed his timing a bit, doing whatever he did and tweaked without any special crap. can we also do this on our dsm's? im still trying to look for info about this timing stuff, see ya later

-dan

·
Registered
101 Posts
The only way to advance the timing on a 420a is to have some kind of piggyback or Stand alone ecu Device like Acel DFI or go ahead and reprogram your board for a one time gig or you could go all out and get an Elctromotive tec2 or Haltech E6k!!!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Especially for a 420A! But to each their own.

·
Honorary Moderator
1,969 Posts
a5ian5murf,
remember you have a 4G63 not the 420a

1 - 11 of 11 Posts