DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I joined the forum because I'm planning to restore my 1990 Eagle Talon TSI. I'm the original owner, bought it in Dec 1989. I've tried to sell it a couple times but just couldn't bring myself to it.

Hoping to find info that will help my on my journey.

I love this car!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Unfortunately these cars are very difficult to restore. A lot of the 1g body parts and seals are becoming very hard to find and not many parts are being reproduced. Things like door seals and window seals are almost impossible to find new/nos. I have a nice 92 gsx that I have been collecting parts for. I parted out 2x 1.8l cars to complete my interior and find a decent rear hatch seal.

Its frustrating when you look at other cars like fox bodys and civics and they have oem and aftermarket seals available. I can still buy new window seals from honda for my 95 civic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately these cars are very difficult to restore. A lot of the 1g body parts and seals are becoming very hard to find and not many parts are being reproduced. Things like door seals and window seals are almost impossible to find new/nos. I have a nice 92 gsx that I have been collecting parts for. I parted out 2x 1.8l cars to complete my interior and find a decent rear hatch seal.

Its frustrating when you look at other cars like fox bodys and civics and they have oem and aftermarket seals available. I can still buy new window seals from honda for my 95 civic.
Yeh, I’m a little concerned about parts but the car has pretty good bones and things like seals are pretty good and won’t need to replace them. The dashboard and trim is pretty good too. Most of the restore will be mechanicals (CV joints for sure, clutch, shifter bushing) and paint with a tiny bit if rust repair and paint. I worry about major components like turbo and if the transmission should ever break though

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
A lot of the mechanical stuff is still availble. Here is a pdf with all the factory part numbers. I like jnztuning and extremepsi for parts, both can get parts directly from Mitsubishi.

Also you can find cheap Eagle Talon factory service manuals on ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! Thank you!
A lot of the mechanical stuff is still availble. Here is a pdf with all the factory part numbers. I like jnztuning and extremepsi for parts, both can get parts directly from Mitsubishi.

Also you can find cheap Eagle Talon factory service manuals on ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts