DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
in my opinion no. the gains will be minimal on a gs. some cars, such as higher displacement engines, do see some pretty good results when elminating cats. i would personally spend money on something else.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If you want to increase the exhaust size on the car then a HF cat is ok to replace the stock one. If you are talking about a HF cat on a stock exhaust then no.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I had a greddy SP but I didnt like it to much, so I ordered an OBX b3 catback because even though its not as expensive I have heard it before and it sounded much better than the greddy. That a 2.5... Think a hf cat would help there?

Sean

btw, I have the spyder GS so its 2.4L, not turboed yet. Gonna run it NA for another few months.

·
Registered
264 Posts
any reason why not putting a test pipe in there instead of a Hi-flow cat?

Are their emissions checks where you live?

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
TESTPIPE = straight tubing, no obstructions in exhaust path.
HI FLOW CAT =just that, a better flowing catalytic convertor with a higher flowing catalyst, still is an obstruction in the exhaust path, just not as much as an OEM unit.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't think a test pipe is the right solution for an NA unless you're already making quite a bit of horsepower somehow. You are going to lose a lot of torque by putting a test pipe on. I'm not sure about a high flow cat, depends on the brand for that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts