DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been having an issue with my 1999 eclipse gst. When I accelerate the boost gauge skyrockets and the car barely accelerates. I have no power by the time I get to third gear. I’ve looked for obvious boost leaks but can’t find any. The only thing I noticed was a deflated wastegate hose, could that be the problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would check every coupler and hose from the turbo to the throttle body for a loose clamp or hole in a hose. It sounds like you have a leak.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I did end up doing a boost leak test by hooking up a compressor with 20 psi to the turbo inlet. There were several couplings leaking all of which I was able to fix. The only other leak I could see is coming from the bov. There are two nipples coming out of the bov, one of which has a hose attached to and the other one has nothing hooked up to it and is leaking. Is there supposed to be two hoses going to the bov?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I did end up doing a boost leak test by hooking up a compressor with 20 psi to the turbo inlet. There were several couplings leaking all of which I was able to fix. The only other leak I could see is coming from the bov. There are two nipples coming out of the bov, one of which has a hose attached to and the other one has nothing hooked up to it and is leaking. Is there supposed to be two hoses going to the bov?
how was it? haven you figure it out? maybe its best to take it in a mechanic shop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts