DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have received a pair of HKS camshafts from fellow dsmers, just wondering if they are real or not. Are the engraved marks correct? Are they 272s?

cams have engraved HKS on them.

one cam has A05-M 005 on it, the other has A05-M 006 on it. Are they 272s?
I looked these 2 codes on dsmtalk or web, can't find anythign.

Thanks,

Andrew
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,818 Posts
AWDx4G63 said:
Hi,

I have received a pair of HKS camshafts from fellow dsmers, just wondering if they are real or not. Are the engraved marks correct? Are they 272s?

cams have engraved HKS on them.

one cam has A05-M 005 on it, the other has A05-M 006 on it. Are they 272s?
I looked these 2 codes on dsmtalk or web, can't find anythign.

Thanks,

Andrew
I always thought the HKS camshafts had HKS as cast letters?

EDIT: Are you questioning if they're actual HKS or just the profile?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·


is this right?

I have already received them, just to confirme if they are real HKS. Also, one cam has A05-M 005 on it, the other has A05-M 006 on it. Are they 272s?

Andrew
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,818 Posts
HKS Camshaft Mitsubishi Eclipse 1989-1999 Turbo

Note: Sold as pair.

Part Number Application Spec. Engine Cam Duration Cam Lift (mm)
2202-RM005 MITSUBISHI Eclipse GST, GSX, Spyder GST 1989-1999 Turbo Intake 4G63BT 272 10.3

2202-RM006 MITSUBISHI Eclipse GST, GSX, Spyder GST 1989-1999 Turbo Exhaust 4G63BT 272 9.8


20 seconds of searching!:rolleyes:

There's your answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red1991TSI said:
HKS Camshaft Mitsubishi Eclipse 1989-1999 Turbo

Note: Sold as pair.

Part Number Application Spec. Engine Cam Duration Cam Lift (mm)
2202-RM005 MITSUBISHI Eclipse GST, GSX, Spyder GST 1989-1999 Turbo Intake 4G63BT 272 10.3

2202-RM006 MITSUBISHI Eclipse GST, GSX, Spyder GST 1989-1999 Turbo Exhaust 4G63BT 272 9.8


20 seconds of searching!:rolleyes:

There's your answer.

Yes, I did, so, but I am suspicious of the 2202 doesn't match A05-R wording. The cams are tagged with A05-M006 and A05-M005, but not like 2202-RM005 and 2202-RM006. Thanks.

Andrew
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,818 Posts
AWDx4G63 said:
Yes, I did, so, but I am suspicious of the 2202 doesn't match A05-R wording. The cams are tagged with A05-M006 and A05-M005, but not like 2202-RM005 and 2202-RM006. Thanks.

Andrew
Those are part numbers, the m-005 and m-006 are the parts I focused on. is searched on the whole engraved string and came up with nothing of consequence.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top