DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an HKS turbo timer type-1 and am having a problem. First of all, I used the harness and have double checked that it is the correct one. Also, I have volt tested the harness in place and insured that I am getting juice at the correct places. I also did the hack/tweak in the vfaq to allow my factory alarm to operate with the timer. I have checked all crimp connections associated with the tweak twice and I am very good at wiring as I worked at a stereo installation shop all through college. The problem I am having is that when the car is running and I shut it off, the timer keeps the car running for approx. 1 second and then shuts down. The e-brake line is also in place and I am leaving the e-brake up when shutting down. No countdown or anything. I am really hoping the unit is not fried, as (like a dumbass) i cut the blue wire going to the timer (as per the vfaq) on the timer side of the harness and now am probably unable to return it. I searched the archives and the only possible solution I found was to make sure that I had a really good ground. I have done this and it makes no difference. Hoping I haven't pissed $120 down the tube. Thanks in advance for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts