DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Did you acutally read the install? It said do not use PCV Here are the exact quotes.
DO NOT use PVC pipe to make the intake piping. PCV piping is not heat tolerant and will melt and release toxic fumes when exposed to under hood temperatures. Plus the ID of PVC piping is much smaller than 2.5" because it is very thick. The Iceman systems are made of thermoplastic, which is a special plastic formulated to take heat. PVC piping is not so please do not use it.
If you were to search VFAQ.com you would of found they have some info on cold air. But you could do that if you found a way to get the mas to work with the piping.

·
Registered
92 Posts
pvc will not melt under the hood

I have a DIY intake made out of 3" pvc piping and while it may not be the best way to do it, it will not melt. I've had it on my car for about a month and a half, and recently took a 300 mile road trip (during which I overheated, btw) and the pvc held up just fine.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If the pipe get hot enough it will relase toxic fumes, That enough for me to stay away, that and it's plastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts