DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this maybe rice to some cool to others,i was sitting at work oneday thinking of a way to make my bov a little louder ...well this is what i cam up with just rough but it works...first i took a 1g crushed bov,then i found a bicycle horn ,i cut the horn off and made the opening the size of my bov outlet took some rubber hose and clamps (srew some small little screws into the base of th horn) and mated it all togther.put it on my bov and damn its just as loud as a rfl people def. hear me and when you rev it is pretty noticable...ok so there ya go at least i get points for inguneity..lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
i used to have a plastic whistle coming off of my dump tube

heheh.

ill probably just end up getting a dejon metal intake thingamabob and it will be loud as i want it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
not 100% sure but I believe that a crushed 1G will not leak at idle. Can anyone confirm this???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm

i have actually thought about trying to create some way of getting it to make a thingy ma bob to make some sort of whistle at vent like the hks hmmmm any suggestions?????

·
Registered
489 Posts
As long as you 'crushed' it higher then what you pull vacuum at idle then it shouldn't leak. i.e. if it doesn't 'pop' until 22lbs and your only pulling 18lbs of vacuum at idle, then it shouldn't leak.

Now, how to make it sound like the HKS SSQ????
What about some kind of reed from a flute or something?

Rogue

·
Registered
489 Posts
trbotsi said:
damn ricers....you people never cease to amaze me
Lol, I woundn't call me a ricer. I'm betting you have more rice then I. But I do like the sound of the HKS SSQ, and alwayse seem to be lacking funds....

Rogue

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
flame out captain

ok so here it is ,why is everyone rice?just because you do something a little unique?ok ill admit that putting type r and mugen stickers all over your isuzu swift is rice but i didnt do that i created something unique i enhanced something that was allready there,so buy you taken your precious, high perfomance(human) body (im sure you never eat big macs or tacos its all protien and water for you huh arnold?) and you go get that maddd tight yo ..chinese writing dragon tattoo although your as white as emenim, and you dont know how to read chinese for all you now your supa tight tattoo says''im a flaming queer,stick me in the butt''or those slamming mad tribal graphics on your arm think about what your doing until then ill take my body kitted,big wing front wheel drive 14b powered 4g63t down to the race track and kick some honda ass...so with that all said and done.......pass the rice please.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
SlprTeg said:
Great job, I may try this for my 2g BOV :cool:
oh no ya don't. the first thing you need to get rid of is that plastic piece of shit.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a vented 1G crushed. I put the small end of a whoopie cushon on it one night just for shits and giggles. It was helarious, there was a loud FART noise every time I let off the throttle................................

We used one of those novalty whistles (with the spinning fan inside) on my buddies car..................that was funny too.

·
Registered
838 Posts
LOL!
:D

I'm gonna have to try that noisemaker/whistle thing next time I'm out cruisin... scare some honduh guys.

"oh my god that guys car must have a jet engine! dont race him!"

·
Registered
196 Posts
Trying to make a bov whistle probably isnt a good idea. (Unless you are doing it for laughs like mentioned above.) Daily driven you are just putting a restriction in the path of the bypassed air.

The whole point of a BOV is to relieve backpressure on the turbo compressor when the throttle plate slams shut. You have to relieve the pressure in the intake tract to keep from stalling the compressor. This not only prevents damage to the turbo, but it also helps keep the turbo spooled up during a shift.

You want a bov to let as much air as possible out of the intake as quickly as possible. Restrictions that make it whistle are sorta defeating the purpose.

·
Registered
471 Posts
dfowler21 said:
Trying to make a bov whistle probably isnt a good idea. (Unless you are doing it for laughs like mentioned above.) Daily driven you are just putting a restriction in the path of the bypassed air.

The whole point of a BOV is to relieve backpressure on the turbo compressor when the throttle plate slams shut. You have to relieve the pressure in the intake tract to keep from stalling the compressor. This not only prevents damage to the turbo, but it also helps keep the turbo spooled up during a shift.

You want a bov to let as much air as possible out of the intake as quickly as possible. Restrictions that make it whistle are sorta defeating the purpose.

Your Mouth + Deep Breath= about 1PSI or less

My BOV (vented at 25+PSI) has no problems blowing on a Whoopie Cushon that is intended for a Mouth......................:)

·
Registered
471 Posts
It would be funny to have a "little ass" under your hood. That way it would explain to the Honda guys where the fart noise is coming from..............................DSM Type Ass!!!!!

BWAH HA HA HA

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,281 Posts
blazin1320 said:
ok so here it is ,why is everyone rice?just because you do something a little unique?ok ill admit that putting type r and mugen stickers all over your isuzu swift is rice but i didnt do that i created something unique i enhanced something that was allready there,so buy you taken your precious, high perfomance(human) body (im sure you never eat big macs or tacos its all protien and water for you huh arnold?) and you go get that maddd tight yo ..chinese writing dragon tattoo although your as white as emenim, and you dont know how to read chinese for all you now your supa tight tattoo says''im a flaming queer,stick me in the butt''or those slamming mad tribal graphics on your arm think about what your doing until then ill take my body kitted,big wing front wheel drive 14b powered 4g63t down to the race track and kick some honda ass...so with that all said and done.......pass the rice please.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts