DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i was just wondering who all has made their own uicp and j-pipes? if you have, could you let me know where you got the supplies from, what all was involved, how hard it is, and how's it working so far? im interested and wanted to know also if any of you flanged it for a 1g bov since that's what i have and want to flange mine for?

i need this infor for a 2g w/6 bolt swap and b16g turbo, thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
wasnt hard at all for me .... just took a while to make it all

flanged for a 1g bov using the stock flange welded to a short extension pipe

built for a 3g eclipse to stuff ...basicly... the largest frontmount that car will accept

·
Registered
44 Posts
as much as i would love to start building fmic pipe kits for you guys, its just not something i can do at the moment

i dont currently have access to a talon with a front mount, not until my buddy Pat gets a front mount for his car. By next spring he'll ahve one, and ive already made a deal with him so i can do a lil development work ... if building kits is feasable for me, ill that first kit to make a set of forms on the bench in teh garage so i can weld up multiple kits w/o needing a car to fit them to

id also be limited to only 16g stock manifold kits, so if you have a header or turbo that would change demensions, that could cause a problem too

that piping kit that i posted up cost $135 for materials, and that was including reusing the stock compressor and BOV flanges, and not having to pay for electricity .. lol

heres another shot .... this pipe didnt get used in the end, but it was ment to mount the maf under the fender to clean up the engine bay

segmented bends are >*

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,616 Posts
I got the compressor flange from www.122performance.com Mine's still in progress as I'm doing it in stainless and aluminum. The upper pipe is just about done, the hot pipe will take a while as I have to cut a lot of 45's just perfectly (and stainless is a pita to cut). I got most of my bends off of ebay, and the rest of my supplies from www.burnsstainless.com then hoses and clamps from www.boostcontroller.com I also switched to a non-turbo throttle body so I wouldn't need a flange there (since I'm using a 3" maf, I don't need to reduce it at an elbow now).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts