DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup I lost. Here is how it goes:

While driving home from the gym (i work out, duh!)i happen to spot an S2k. It was suzuka blue and the guy in it was wearing a normal T-Shirt. I rev at the guy to point out that i wanna race and i wanna see what my car can put up against an s2k. He nods. I prepare to race. The light goes green and i get a 3/4 carlength lead. He starts reeling me in slowly, and by the end of the race, which was at 108, i was at the front of his door.I gave him a thumbs up, he grinned and gave me a thumbs up, and i continued to drive home.

I now see that my car can keep up with an S2k. cool huh? Oh well. BTW he looked stock, but i dont know much about hondas, so i dont know what to think :p

:dunno:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good run. :) They are capable of high 13's, but this guy could run high 13's or more likely low 14's.

Was this in your N/A supra? Did he launch??

Good job. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honda troll said:
Good run. :) They are capable of high 13's, but this guy could run high 13's or more likely low 14's.

Was this in your N/A supra? Did he launch??

Good job. :)
this was my supra, but my supra isnt NA anymore. ive got a JDM 7m-gte engine in it. and yes he launched pretty well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah, those S2000's do 0-60 in like 5.8 seconds. Those thangs are pretty beefy for a Honda. If only they make a turbo 2000...:(

·
Registered
787 Posts
JDM7M said:

this was my supra, but my supra isnt NA anymore. ive got a JDM 7m-gte engine in it. and yes he launched pretty well.
Whew.. don't post this on SupraForums..you will piss them off..LMAO.. Just kidding. Anyways Sweet Race!!!!

Ive only gotten a hold of 2 S2ks (Dunno years) and ate them alive... Have yet to see a modded one. Though Im out in the sticks ;) I doubt I ever will see a modded one.

Awesome that you admitted defeat! I respect you a lot for that. :) What other people said about 1/4 times are right...around high 13 low 14s from the S2K.. sounds like your within a few tenths.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My girlfriend had a 91 Supra Turbo but sold it for a 94 Accord that she is in the progress of ricing out. I raced her in my Eclipse when she had the Supra and lost. But I was only hitting 6 lbs of boost by 5000 rpm's. I only remember that her Supra had alot of torque and spool up time was very fast due to the 6 cyl. and one turbo and came with the TEMS system which changed the suspension/shock vavling from Sport to Regular. It was a good/fun car. Sad to see it go for $3500 when she could have sold it for $6000. Oh well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts