DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was inserting a nipple into my new fmic pipping for my boost controller today, thought what the hell mine as well take a look at my 1g maf and clean the K&N while i'm at it. (only owned the car for 3 weeks)

Sure enough take the K&N off and there are NO honey combs at all. Nothing, not a one. Question, what happens when the honey combs are completely removed? My car idles very rough at idle like 14vac sometimes goes as low as 10. It cuts out at higher Rpm and i had a friend follow me and said my car had black smoke coming from the exhaust under heavy 15+ psi of boost on stock fuel and everything : /

I have a 2g mas and 550's waiting to go in, i guess i know what i'm doing tomorrow.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's exactly what happens when you got the honeycombs out. Especially the big one. Just upgrade to the 2g mas and 550 injectors. I would also look into a fuel pressure regulator. It should solve the issues you are having.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the honey combs actually smooth out the flow to the sensor for a more acurate reading. the air swirls in there and the combs straighten it out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Or go to a yard, get a used one, remove the small honeycomb and that should do it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts