DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
cool site

id imagine it would be easy to do it. just go buy struts, and wire them up. if you wanted it completely automated, it would be kind of difficult...maybe put a switch activated when you pop the hood that simultaneously presses the hood latch at the front and also turns on the strut.

what intrigues me more though is the engine start button. i want one:p

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like that a lot!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
greyforestgst said:
cool site

id imagine it would be easy to do it. just go buy struts, and wire them up. if you wanted it completely automated, it would be kind of difficult...maybe put a switch activated when you pop the hood that simultaneously presses the hood latch at the front and also turns on the strut.

what intrigues me more though is the engine start button. i want one:p

where do you buy struts? and how do you know which ones to buy?

what do you mean by "automated"? like, the hood latch button in the cabin would open the hood completely?

not a bad idea, but i'm just looking for a cool replacement for the typical metal rod that holds the hood up... its not a showcar or anything...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
those are great. my mom's maxima has those. I'm sure you can get them from any auto place.. just have 'em order the parts.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Jamex used to make kits for some cars, but never for a DSM. I wrote them once and asked them about it and they said a DSM kit may be made, but it never was. If anybody could retrofit a kit to DSMs Id be very interested to see it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I'll try to make one when I have more time and money. :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Someone could make some $$ off of this....as I would take a set too but would never take the time to fab them. If it was just an easy bolt on kit or something.....

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when i get my car back, i'm gonna try to get something going...

i'll let you guys know how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts