DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Yeah, all that hot air is robbing power. Have you had a chance to log IAT temps yet? Header wrap works serious wonders and it's not that expensive. Find some header wrap on Jegs or summit, and get the can of heat barrier spray with it. Both the insulating spray + wrap will cut down temps on the header so much, you'll be able to touch it after a few hard pulls without needing a skin-graft.

The problem with this is, this allows moisture to be trapped, and basically raises the risk big time of your tubular manifold cracking early. Which is why I say go ahead and save up now. By the time it cracks/you get the FP manifold, Shane will HOPEFULLY be making his FP manifold heatshields, so you'll be golden by then. :)

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Heat Wrap is on the way to him from my personal stash :D

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I thought there was some kind of spray sealant which helps keep the moisture out. I wonder if I should ceramic coat it and then wrap it. I thought about buying an FP manifold as this is becoming more work than it should be.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Yeah, honestly that's why I'm not a huge fan of DNP tubular manifolds. For a DSM flanged turbo, cast > just about anything. The FP race manifold further backs this argument up because the money you'd spend on a high quality DSM flanged tubular manifold, wouldn't really be worth $700+, compared to the $230-$250 FP cast manifold.

They do make a spray sealant, that's what I meant by the insulator/heat-barrier stuff. But, nothing will prevent the inevitable. Unfortunately DNP is still cheap for a reason. Best just to go cast. It's easier, cheaper, and will last a hell of a lot longer. Plus it's easier to maintain underhood temps with cast vs tubular. :D

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
LoL well fuck...anyone need a DNP manifold? :p

I'm going to snap a few pics of the completed engine bay. The car hasn't been washed or moved in a while because I need 4 new tires and I'm waiting to be paid to buy them. LOL

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
I have an FP race mani i could sell. Won't need it now that I'm T3.

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Where do you live at in KS? I saw your license plate said SG, but you never know.. lol.
I live in Johnson County. :) The SG plate was just an example as I have a personalized plate on my DSM.

Dirty mess pic.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Well, I just read through this whole thing. Love the car man. We have a lot of bolt ons in common however I didn't know about your upgraded internal parts of the motor. Anyway 11's are definitely in your near future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow I love the car. I wish I would of bought a car like yours. Mine has been nothing but trouble. When I rains it floods in my case.

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
After several years of hiatus, the car is coming back to life! Updates to come soon. I have most of the car back together, but noticed a couple small leaks I need to fix before getting a running tune. I don't really trust the local shops near me to do a proper tune, so I paid Kenny Kline to tune it remotely. At this point, I'd really just like to enjoy the car and have a moderate tune that isn't pushing things to the moon. 25-30psi with an hx35 should be plenty to lay down some kills.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts