DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a logger with the mmcd software I am wondering what all I should be logging like knock, timing, etc etc? Also where can I see what my IDC is on my logger? I just wanna know if my injectors are maxing out or they need a good cleaning. For some reason I am running hella lean and detonating at 12 psi I even have a bigger pump and rewire and my car is just pinging away when I get on it even my egt's start climbing. I know you can run 15-16psi safetly but I can't even run the stock amount safetly. I had to turn the boost down to 10psi and really not get on it untill I figure out what is going wrong. Someone suggested one of my injectors may be shot or clogged I have 135K on the odom. Fuel filter has been changed also thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OddRob said:
I'd make sure the fuel pressure regulator is working properly, and that there is no internal leak on the fuel pump assembly.

How would I go about checking the FPR? I checked the pump it looked good no leaks coming out. What about checking IDC on the logger?

·
Banned
158 Posts
get a guage and a vaccum/pressure pump. You can run the fuel pump and get your base fuel pressure setting, you will want to have a good pump that has a guage also, so that you know how much pressure you are getting. You shouls start with 0 pressure, slowly raising it 1 psi. Check to see that the fuel pressure raises roughly 1:1 i psi of fuel pressure, per 1 psi of boost.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Can 2G's check Injector Duty? anyway possible?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bryanwheat said:
get a guage and a vaccum/pressure pump. You can run the fuel pump and get your base fuel pressure setting, you will want to have a good pump that has a guage also, so that you know how much pressure you are getting. You shouls start with 0 pressure, slowly raising it 1 psi. Check to see that the fuel pressure raises roughly 1:1 i psi of fuel pressure, per 1 psi of boost.

Thanks I will try that. Any info on checking IDC? With 135K on the clock I assume they need a good cleaning

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
You have the software, look through the various features of it and hopefully it should list IDC as one of the things you should log

In your case, IDC would be good to log b/c of the special circumstance, but for a normal log to post or see for yourself, I would log
Airflow
RPM
Timing
knock-- optional since timing should show it
02 voltage

Those are just basic one's to tune off of, I was pretty sure mmcd included idc as one of its features to log, if it doesn't then I would be pretty upset since I recommend the program often

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chicago_DSM said:
You have the software, look through the various features of it and hopefully it should list IDC as one of the things you should log

In your case, IDC would be good to log b/c of the special circumstance, but for a normal log to post or see for yourself, I would log
Airflow
RPM
Timing
knock-- optional since timing should show it
02 voltage

Those are just basic one's to tune off of, I was pretty sure mmcd included idc as one of its features to log, if it doesn't then I would be pretty upset since I recommend the program often

I'm going to check it tonight again and look. As far as the above mentioned how do I know what is safe or not? I looked and didn't find a how to log mmcd and what are good/bad values. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
well, basically any sign of knock is pretty bad...But, it is usually inevitable w/ out tuning...

So, for the 1st log with the stock injectors and all, you will probably start to see timing at a steady pace and then dropping quickly and then going back up somewhere in the powerband...

Also, if you log knock, it should tell you how many counts are showing up...Basically, any amount after 3 knocks is trouble b/c then you start to retard timing and lose power...It should be pretty obvious that something is wrong

·
Registered
550 Posts
MMCD should have a parameter to monitor IDC, but depending on what version you have, it may or may not log it. Older versions caused your palm to lock up whenever you tried to log IDC.

The only other option I can give you is this formula:

IDC = (rpm*ipw)/1200

Injector duty cycle calculator

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can log INJP on the logger is that injector pulse? also there is a INJD but it won't let me choose that option just the INJP and it reads in "ms" also I found out why I am running lean at stock boost levels. The vac tube that goes to the FPR had come off. I reconnected it and my egt won't go above 1250 now and no more pinging. I guess it wasnt raising the boost. I got lucky I didn't blow something now I am gonna go do some logging.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chicago1 said:
I can log INJP on the logger is that injector pulse? also there is a INJD but it won't let me choose that option just the INJP and it reads in "ms" also I found out why I am running lean at stock boost levels. The vac tube that goes to the FPR had come off. I reconnected it and my egt won't go above 1250 now and no more pinging. I guess it wasnt raising the boost. I got lucky I didn't blow something now I am gonna go do some logging.

I can't edit my post but Quasi I checked that site out it's perfect thank you I can now see what my IDC is :D I just turned the boost up to 17psi and only 2 counts of knock up to redline and I'm at 88% IDC. Not to bad for 91octane(best we can get here) thanks for the help now to find out the rest of the crap on the logger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts