DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how I can disable to door buzzer, I have searched lots of differen't searches and didn't find anything. That took awhile since you have to wait 45 seconds between searching. Anyways, I can hear the relay in the frame behind the driver seat, how can I wire this so that the door sensor doesn't work?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
either shut the door or turn your key another click to the ACC position :dunno:

why do you want to disable it? doesn't seem like a big deal... now 2nd gen rx7's have an OBNOXIOUS buzzer that goes off when you're "supposed" to shift, and i can see yanking that sumunabeech out, but why a door buzzer?

·
Registered
362 Posts
pull fuse

Just pull the fuse in the far top left of your fuse box!

thing is, my pop-out doesnt go up also(which i intend it to be anyway) as far not having the buzzer. good combo :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that link. I don't want to disconnect the buzzer however because, arn't the lights on the same buzzer? I just want to disconnect the pin switch, and put it on a switch like the one guy said, but how do I know which one is the ground for the pin switch?

·
Registered
612 Posts
It shouldnt matter... as long as you put 1 line on a switch, by turning the switch to off you would be disrupting the current.

Just follow the descriptionin the other post (I am crossing my fingers it is as accurate as it sounds as I havent screwed w/ this myself) and just snip 1 of the wires near the speaker, run both ends to opposing pins on a toggle switch, and mount the switch (a good close place that would work would be on the side panel that goes from the console to underneath the dash)

this would work because when you flip the switch *click* no complete current to speaker = no sound.. flip it back *clicK* complete circuit and you get the happy little ~DING~DING~DING~

Of course there are other ways of going about this but this seems to me to be the most direct method and least effort as you would be dealing all in 1 place (the console) and the switch is easy to conceal there (I have my interior light hooked up to it.. dont laugh I cut a mitsubishi logo in my headliner and put a LED bar above it)

-Aaron

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing is I don't want to turn off the buzzer, because I don't want to keep the warning from going off when you leave you headlights, so I just need to be tampering with the door pin relay, and one more thing....

:happy:

That makes me laugh.

·
Registered
612 Posts
OIC... well the switch is in the door, yank and snip ;) if you just want to turn the buzzer off periodically (like when u are working on the car) but want it on MOST of the time I would find some way of hooking the buzzer up to an external switch where you can choose when it is and is not on.

(maybe if u explain what the purpose is of getting it turned off we can understand better...) I just assumed you wanted it to not ~DING~ when when you were working on the car and the door is open but still wanted an operational buzzer for when you are regularly driving and whatnot..

-aaron

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ynot just cut one of the wires @ the speaker (easy to get to easy to run) and have to option of turning off and on the speaker @ will? this would never effect your map lights BTW as you are not tampering w/ the switch, you are just effecting the current to the speaker itself... or did you want to kill the lights too?

-Aaron

·
Registered
612 Posts
It shouldnt matter... as long as you put 1 line on a switch, by turning the switch to off you would be disrupting the current.
Just follow the descriptionin the other post (I am crossing my fingers it is as accurate as it sounds as I havent screwed w/ this myself) and just snip 1 of the wires near the speaker, run both ends to opposing pins on a toggle switch, and mount the switch (a good close place that would work would be on the side panel that goes from the console to underneath the dash)

So basically when you turn the switch to off.. no buzzer, flip the toggle switch back on and it's like you never messed w/ it to begin with.......

http://www.tselectronic.com/switchrelay_index.html?tse_Session=a35a4c4a6dad0c68a700c6776ca4dccf

^there is a good listing of switches *not 2 expensive*

-Aaron

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know where exactly the speaker is, I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out where the sound is coming from under the steering wheel but I can't find it, I guess I'm just retarded.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts