DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I know if my water pump is bad.,,,is there a way to test, or something you can do to make sure it works??? My car overheats, Originaly I was putting a dent in the water pipe for a big turbo and it popped out of the back of the water pump. I then pushed it back in and it would keep poping out. I riged it with a homemade brace to keep it in there, now the car is overheating. I just need to know if theres a way to test the water pump..
Thanks for any help.....

·
Registered
874 Posts
?????
I know that you can start the car up with the radiatior cap off (carefully) and make sure the coolant is circulating

no idea how to "test" a water pump though. it's never a bad idea to get a new one anyhow if yours is rigged
(new=easy way out)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
If you have a came from Mitsu water pump and it isn't leaking (the weep hole is dry) and you can't shake the pulley I say you are good to go. If you suspect the seal then pressurize the system to 15 - 20 psi. If the seal is bad water should come pouring out.

Maybe when you popped the water pipe the engine got overheated and some damage occurred elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts