DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How high can i turn my boost up with my set-up?

I dont have much, But I'd like to run higher then stock. I have Evo III 16G Turbo, 255 Walbro F/P, K&N Air filter, Manual Boost controller, Downpipe and Full 3" exhuast with out cat. Please let me know what would be a save PSI so i dont break anything. Thank you for your time.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Re: How high can i turn my boost up with my set-up?

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have much, But I'd like to run higher then stock. I have Evo III 16G Turbo, 255 Walbro F/P, K&N Air filter, Manual Boost controller, Downpipe and Full 3" exhuast with out cat. Please let me know what would be a save PSI so i dont break anything. Thank you for your time.

·
Banned
755 Posts
Do you have any logging software? (logger, Safc, dsm link) I'd say you can turn it up 20psi. You also need a AFPR cause your over running your stock one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
tsi2psi said:
Do you have any logging software? (logger, Safc, dsm link) I'd say you can turn it up 20psi. You also need a AFPR cause your over running your stock one.
OP DON'T listen to him! First of all you won't over run your stock AFPR with a 255. You will at idle a little bit, but you will not at WOT or light cruising. Second 20psi on a stock side mount intercooler?!? It's risky pushing 15psi on that thing!

I'd say get a logger and you can probably do 15psi.

·
Registered
686 Posts

cupa-joe said:

I ran a ported 14b, ported 2g manifold, ported 2g o2 housing, evo8 pump, 550cc injectors, k&n fipk, joe p mbc, 3" turboback, ebay 2G fmic, safc, data logger i ran 20psi. :dunno:

Without tuning software i wouldn't change anything though to be safe. 15psi MAX ever car reacts differently. search around for a logger/safc combo and/or wideband setup and then you can monitor.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

Oh boy... Do you really need to post this twice? search around bro.. This has been covered many times. Get a logger and get familiar with it, turn the boost up, when you start knocking, you have reached your limit.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the help, Ill start saving for a FMIC and Logger.

·
Registered
167 Posts
With your stock injectors (450) i would stay around 10 psi to be safe. You defenetly need a logger. Once you have a logger and can see how things are going, than you can crank it up. Till than i'd leave it alone to be safe. But that's just me. Parts are expensive man.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not good thing to turn up the boost without a logger. You need to know the idc's. I have also ran 20 psi already on stock turbo, but it was just plain stupid.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a Evo3 16g, EBC, 255, 3 inch one peice tubular o2/downpipe running open. SAFC2 and on a stock sidemount and 450s with some tuning on the AFC i run 15 PSI. anything after that the injectors will max and lean out. I run a 1g MAF and ive maxed it out a few times on cold nights. Since its summer and so hot ive turned it down to 13PSI. a 3rd gear pull @ 15 PSI is fine but about midway through 4th the stock sidemount is done.

I bought a 2G Maf, open element K&N, and dejon intake pipe for mine. Im also going to buy a set of Denso 720s and a SBR FMIC kit for it and at that point ill be able to run 20PSI on pump gas.

·
Registered
686 Posts
bento said:
Not good thing to turn up the boost without a logger. You need to know the idc's. I have also ran 20 psi already on stock turbo, but it was just plain stupid.
I stated all that in the other thread he started i didnt even realize he had 2 for the same question. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
92spoolin said:
You guys are running 20 psi without headstuds kinda risky too don't you think?
Not really. These motors are built pretty strong. You'd be surprised what they will hold up to.

Headstuds would help allow you to run more boost, but 20 isn't that horrible on stock headbolts

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.