DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

How long have you owned your DSM?

• Just got one!

Votes: 144 8.6%
  • Under 1 year

Votes: 381 22.7%
  • 1 - 2 years

Votes: 460 27.4%
  • 3 - 5 years

Votes: 424 25.3%
  • 6 - 8 years

Votes: 118 7.0%
  • 9 - 10 years

Votes: 34 2.0%
  • 11 - 12 years

Votes: 16 1.0%
  • 12+ years! :eek:

Votes: 36 2.1%
  • No DSM yet :(

Votes: 57 3.4%
  • I don`t remember

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
A more correct poll would ask of the years you've owned it how long has it been running?
Agreed. I combined my '93 Talon AWD and '93 GSX ownerships, also the GSX has a LOT of the Talon's parts so they're one in the same.

Ken Young

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have had mine less then a year, and about 4 days untill it puked on me. (no it wasn't my fault) but I've been working on DSM's for over 3 years.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i love mad max and the interceptor!! this has nothing to do with this thread but i had to say it, without that movie and gran turismo 2 i wouldnt car about cars. i also think its hillarious he's trying to save gas while driving a blown V-8 at the same time

·
Registered
10 Posts
how many years??

Well I've sucessfully competed at the local IDRC compititions a few times. Even won into the final 8 once. (almost twice) Bought the car in May of '95 and It is still my one and only daily driven car since. It's been in the shop for repairs all but a total of a few weeks. But It wasn't car problems all the time. It was either user error or ice storms that caught me by surprise.
I believe if you read enough stuff and talk to people about various things you can learn alot from everyones personal experience and learn to do preventive maintainance to your car for the most part. And the other times you can just do things yourself that can save you money. It helps to ask questions even if someone thinks it is a stupid one. Knowlege is power and I believe I have a fair share of it for not being a mechanic. Thanks to all who are quick to give a wise response and not a wise-ass one. ;)
Happy & safe driving to all.
erik

·
Registered
28 Posts
I will have owned my Talon for 13 years in September and it has been running just about the whole time (give or take an appointment for regular care).

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I've had mine for a few months now...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
im coming up on my 2nd year of ownership. honestly since ive had my car, its been parked id say....maybe 8-9 months all together. last winter i parked it at my uncles house, i dont drive during the winter, and this summer the car was apart for mods..it will be worth the wait...:D

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Well after 8 years of blood,sweat,tears and a buttload of money (including racing fees,race gas,etc.) I'm gonna give up the car and racing for a while so I can concentrate on a house.

Maybe after a few years I'll rejoin the race scene and maybe buy another DSM or go with a Vette,Supra or maybe even a current WS6 Firebird.

It was fun but costly fun at that. I'm gonna hit the IDRC event here in Denver Sept. 7th and get some video of me running and hit a couple of club races and say bye-bye to my baby. :(

1 - 20 of 235 Posts