DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

How long have you owned your DSM?

• Just got one!

Votes: 144 8.6%
  • Under 1 year

Votes: 381 22.7%
  • 1 - 2 years

Votes: 459 27.4%
  • 3 - 5 years

Votes: 424 25.3%
  • 6 - 8 years

Votes: 118 7.0%
  • 9 - 10 years

Votes: 34 2.0%
  • 11 - 12 years

Votes: 16 1.0%
  • 12+ years! :eek:

Votes: 36 2.1%
  • No DSM yet :(

Votes: 57 3.4%
  • I don`t remember

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
201 - 220 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have ny gsx seince 2001and my awd spyder seince 2007(my brothers christmas present)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought my car March 3, 2004 when I was 18. It had 42,744 miles when I rolled it off the lot. It still hasn't given me any major problems to this day and I drive it about 40 miles everyday. I'm am currently sitting on 107,7XX miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
11 yrs. And when it gets going again I plan to drive it. It's been parked in my yard for about 6 month. Every teen boy that can drive stops by and offers to buy it. They want to turn it into a tuner. Most don't want to pay what it's worth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just pick up a 98 esi talon today its my first one im a honda guy but i decided it was time for something different had 10 hondas

·
Registered
632 Posts
If you've owned it for twenty years and still loving it you have a big heart my friend. Very few people can buy a car like this and stick to it that long.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you've owned it for twenty years and still loving it you have a big heart my friend. Very few people can buy a car like this and stick to it that long.
Well, there was a time or two that I wasn't loving it at all, as I've had my fair share of problems with my car through the years. But I've been fortunate enough to have always had an extra car available when things went wrong. So I've had the luxury of being able to repair the GSX while still being able to drive to work everyday.

For most of its life my car has remained mostly stock except for the HKS exhaust, ported 2G exhaust maifold, air filter, EGT and boost controller. Recently, after 5 years of storage (driveway), I decided it was time to begin modifying it the way I've always dreamed but never started.

Over the past 8 months I've done the followig maintenance:
Timing belt
Water pump
Accessory belts and pulleys
O2 sensor
Magnecor plug wires

I also put on the following performance parts:
3" turbo back Megan exhaust
Tubular O2 housing
HKS 264/272 cams
3G lifters
4 bolt rear
Big brakes
SS brake lines
FIC 650cc injectors
Keydiver chip with injector compensation
Fluidampr harmonic balancer
MMCd logger

I have but still need to install the following:
LC-1 wideband
S-AFC2
New EGT probe
Fidanza flywheel
Cam gears

And I still need to change:
Carrier bearings
Drive shaft U-joints
Wheel bearings
Oil pump and rear main seal

Hopefully, with proper maintenance, replacement parts availablity and the judicous use of perfomance parts, I can keep it going for quite awhile longer. Today, it's running better and stronger than ever has, albeit a little rich, but the S-AFC2 should take care of that.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Wow... I feel OLD. I thought there would be alot more people who've had them for longer than 6 years. I've had my 93' for about 8-9 years and 200K+ now, and I think if I added up all the days it was off the road for repairs it wouldn't add up to more than 2 months time. I've been lucky I guess.

201 - 220 of 235 Posts