DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Richard's Biggest Fan
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess who's back, back again? Iggys back. Tell a friend.

After many a year out of the boost scene, I got me an 05 Evo MR. Regret every second of it.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I'm not an OG, but I'm still here kickin'. Gotta have pics of the Evo! Also, why regret it? I thought everyone just loooooved Evos because they're so perfect. :p

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think I'm an OG, because I remember the expose on a big faker pretending he had an M3. Those were the glory days of the lounge.

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
OG, alive and kicking.

·
Richard's Biggest Fan
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meh, I don't really regret it too much per say, you all just know how it is with these cars. When one thing goes bad, the whole everything associated with it goes out. Had an axle go out two weeks ago, replaced it, the axle seal is bad so I've been waiting on it to come in. While on the rack I noticed that the control arm bushings were bad so naturally I ordered all new bushings front and rear, new coilovers, and a roll center kit. Performance wise, its just bolt ons I/E. Going to try to keep it stockerish until I can get a little more of it paid off.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
I just did the SAME SHIT. For me it was wheel bearing. Axle was not coming out. Fuck. Got an axle. My brakes were rooooooached. Got it all in. Fucking axle seal...

Oh that thing is a cunt and a half laying on your back as it pisses fluid gingerly down your arm the entire time.

Still need to do my rear brakes and my suspension is on life support. The ACD pump long gave up the ghost from PA winters / salt. And I give no fucks. I may rebuild it one day. But generally could care less about it.

In all honesty its been a great car. I just drive the shit out of it. It really hasn't broken at all. Just starting to show some age now.

I'm "around" but not here. I mean, I'll never leave. But I spend the majority of my internet time on AKfiles and other gun forums. Talk will always be homies. I just don't DSM anymore. Nor will I.

·
Richard's Biggest Fan
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you ever had the dreaded shift linkage bend? Where 1, 3, 5 is extremely mushy and hard to get in to without having to push your fist through the CD player?

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
Man that tranny has always been a notchy pos. When its cold I have to run the gears to get it into 1st. Was like that from 20k miles and it hasn't changed. Do a nice 80-140 pull at WOT and it shifts like butter. I've only had problems with 2nd. Both me hitting it after riding the clutch launching in first. And it letting me shift at all into that gear. (After wot in first).

I have the stock shifter in it, and the solid bushings. I don't shift super duper hard though. And it's not a heavy knob.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts