DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if garret sells different types of t-28's made to fit 2gs?

I just got my turbo today and wonder if it is lke the standard t-28 other vendors sell or is it a little bigger?

"Compressor: TB03 63 trim wheel .48 a/r housing

compressor flow: 34lbs/min

liquid cooled center housing assembly

high speed VSR balanced center section.

turbine: GT25 76trim wheel

can support upto 325hp

increases flow capablities from stock:23lbs/min to 34lbs/min

intergral wastegate assembly with adjustable rod end."

The only thing close to these specs I can find are:
GT25 446179-0056 n/a 63 T3 1.88/2.36 33 n/a 76 1.85/2.12

It has nine blades on the exhaust.
The wg rod does not look adjustable unless the threads are inside the actuator?

I got it here....
There are pictures here also.

If this is just a standard t-28 it doesn't matter, I am just looking for mid 13's and keeping the stock clutch.

Thanks for any input!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked at all the garret info I could find, there is many differnt t-28 combos but which are made for the 2g's.

I can't be the only one to ever look into this. I can't send garret e-mail because they don't have a box, just a retailer locator.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wish I knew the answer...but I don't, just wanted to post to keep near top of board until we can hopefully get a response

·
Registered
619 Posts
Garret makes ONE T28, and that's the T28. Most of the stuff that you see around (like the Big 28/etc etc) are all custom made turbo's at the shop. Garret does not build the "Big 28", they build the housing, and the cartridge (While FP won't tell, I'll bet my car that it's a Garret GT series cartridge. Not sure off hand which one, but it's definately one of them.)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the the big28 and other turbos are custom...

The part of this that doesn't make sence is AGP sells a t-28 straight from garret and they will also build it, it seems to be a little different than a standard t-28.

That would make 2 different t-28's???

This is where I start to wonder how many different t-28's there are brand new for a 2g.

See what I mean?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Brand new from the factory means:

New components.

That's it. Factory Garret T25/T28's don't even use a mitsu compression housing which allows them to bolt up to our manifolds.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PokeyTheDSM said:
Brand new from the factory means:

New components.

That's it. Factory Garret T25/T28's don't even use a mitsu compression housing which allows them to bolt up to our manifolds.
No, they come with the ones that fit a 2g, when they say new from garret,it mean they are new from garret.

On the garret website, they say they have an upgrade for the 93-98 dsm's(I know 95-99 is 2g). I think they are talking about the t-28 upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts