DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv just install my new 550cc injectors and afc new im runing the stock fuel pump stock IC but bigger IC pipeing how mutch boost would i be able to run???

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Re: How mutch boost???

Do you have a logger? You need something to check for knock.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

You need to do some reading up. Leave the car alone until you have read www.vfaq.com at least 3 times. lol

·
Registered
232 Posts

hahaha - Oh my. You need a logger and want to watch your injector duty cycle (keep below ~80-85%) and also need to watch knock. Knock is early detonation that is NOT caused by your spark plug firing (i.e. the engine is igniting independent of the spark on the plugs) ; its caused by bad gas, hot plugs, hot intake temps, too much boost/compression for whatever gas, too little gas (lean), too much timing - list goes on. Are you doing the 2g mas with 550s and no piggyback or are you just running an afc on your 1g mas (or did you just put 550s in)?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

Click on the link in my sig!!!! Read it and read all the links within the thread. Also, memorize vfaq! Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts

Knock is what you don't want to have, lol.. Oh and if you still have the stock bov you really wont be able to hold any more boost than stock because that thing is garbage! Your going to need a logger, perferably a Wideband aswell, upper and lower intercooler piping, 1g bov or greddy etc, fuel pump, f/p rewire and you should be on your way to pushing more boost.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Just run stock boost for now (10 psi). Save your money for a fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, 2g mas and fine tune it with the afc.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts

How retarded do you have to spell that poorly.

Rule #7 owns this thread.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts

dustball87 said:
Iv just install my new 550cc injectors and afc new im runing the stock fuel pump stock IC but bigger IC pipeing how mutch boost would i be able to run???
45+psi.. Just disconnect your wastegate and unplug your knock sensor.. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

turbolover said:
Knock is what you don't want to have, lol.. Oh and if you still have the stock bov you really wont be able to hold any more boost than stock because that thing is garbage! Your going to need a logger, perferably a Wideband aswell, upper and lower intercooler piping, 1g bov or greddy etc, fuel pump, f/p rewire and you should be on your way to pushing more boost.
He has a 1g.. Lol

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have to say no higher then stock boost till you get a data-logger and tune the car on stock boost. Then up it from there very slow and take your time at tunning it.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

Burnett03 said:
45+psi.. Just disconnect your wastegate and unplug your knock sensor.. Let us know how it goes.
+1, this is what I did, and the car runs great :rolleyes:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok well a am running a 91 talon tsi awd so im good on the bov 2nd i do get my front mount tomarow and third i will be getting my data logger aka palm pilot middle of this week so i will be tuning with that so far right now im boosting 18 psi with stock pump i already have the walbro 255 that will be getting installed when i get my regulator if their are any more sugestion feel free to add????

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I´d play it safe and do 15 until you get the pump and logger and you learn how to tune the safc.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Dusball please read the warnings your fellow members are giving you.

Read the foum rules, pay prticular attention to rule #7 before you post again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts