DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small 16G, stock FP, and a 2.5" exhaust, from the turbo bac, on a 91 GST. I just ordered some 550 injectors, and Im wondering how much boost I will be able to run. Im thinking around 18 psi. Any thoughts, too high, too low?

-Dave

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
People usually don't run more than 17# with the stock fuel pump. You may be able to get away with more but I would monitor your egt or a/f carefully at anything above that.

------------------
1995 Talon TSI fwd

·
Registered
84 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by turbolover2:
I have a small 16G, stock FP, and a 2.5" exhaust, from the turbo bac, on a 91 GST. I just ordered some 550 injectors, and Im wondering how much boost I will be able to run. Im thinking around 18 psi. Any thoughts, too high, too low?

-Dave
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I read this correctly you don't have an adjustable FPR OR any type of fuel computer.....don't put in the 550's! Even running high boost you will run way to rich with 550's and stock computer settings.

Keith

·
Registered
871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourdoor:
If I read this correctly you don't have an adjustable FPR OR any type of fuel computer.....don't put in the 550's! Even running high boost you will run way to rich with 550's and stock computer settings.
Keith
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually 550's are the maximum you can run with the stock ecu, i have seen plenty of cars run 550's with the stock ecu. he turns the boost to 20psi and bam.....rich problem solved :D he'll be ok with the 550's...better to have to much fuel then not enough.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Honorary Moderator
2,889 Posts
turbolover2. quick question. where you by any chance on Bethpage parkway, umm i think thursday or friday morning behind a blue 89 5.0 mustang? i ask because a friend of mine said he had some 1g up his ass 1 morning on his way to work. he described your car and i remember from one of the last meetings, how your car looked like. plus i figured you are from the area so i'd asked.

------------------
--------------
SaL
DSMing91

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I had a PMS and 550s in my car and when I would use the eprom for the stock injectors the car would only run (very roughly) for about 10 seconds and then it would die. With the 550 code I had no problem.

------------------
1995 Talon TSI fwd

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I havent driven the car for a few weeks, I just put the engine back in, so it wasnt me on Bethpage Pkwy.

-Dave

And I plan on getting an SAFC pretty soon anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts