DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naw, they used to let me in the bay when he was looking at it, but not anymore so I'm not really sure. It sounded like he saw the pressure light flicker. He suggested I take it home, take it off, and bang the dents out and it'll be fine. Either that or autozone has a new one for like 60 bucks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill get to it as soon as I feel like pullin off my half shaft, wheel, subframe, and all the other parts that chiltons tells me is in the way. haha Im more conserned about my loose timing belt anyways.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It can cause low oil psi if it is pushed up close to the oil pick-up screen.
On my 95 I would get a low oil psi light flicker on hot days with fresh synthetic. It also had a low idle ~650-700rpm.
The best solution would be to put a manual guage on it and find out the real psi. Don't trust the sensor reading, especially on a 10+ year old car!

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
Might as well pull the bearing caps while you're under there if you had low oil pressure. Your oil pickup could very well have been choked off. You can take a piece of clay and place it on the pickup tube and set the pan up as if it were installed and then remove it. This should give you the clearance of the pickup to the pan. Factory spec is 1/4". If you'd like you can cover the pickup screen with plastic wrap to keep any clay from getting through the mesh when you're doing this.

·
Registered
263 Posts
MLutin said:
My mechanic tells me I have low oil pressure because of this, but I dont see any low pressure lights at all. What do you think?

dang... did you jack up on the oil pan or set the motor down on something? most def replace it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
lol mine was also dented very badly.. the oil pick up was the only thing stopping it from going any further..im surprised i didnt starve the engine of oil. Anyway, its hard to pound those dents out.. the oil pan is a tough mafaka

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like gutting them out and using them to grow plants in when they look that good. I have people tell me to get them out of my yard. I think they think there worth allot of money.lol
(lots of dsm parts in my yard starting there own ecosystem)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
96spydergst said:
I like gutting them out and using them to grow plants in when they look that good. I have people tell me to get them out of my yard. I think they think there worth allot of money.lol
(lots of dsm parts in my yard starting there own ecosystem)
Hahaha, thats an awesome idea. Yeah I'm going to pick it up today (had to wait to pay some bills and keep beer in the fridge), so I'll have it on tommorow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.