DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how you guys clean your intercoolers? I was going to use gas but I wanted to check before I did it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have always used gas to clean the inside of the intercooler.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pour some gas in it and swish it around then dump. Repeat untill the gas comes out looking like gas.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Do you get to the SMIC through the wheel fender?. My bolts are rusted on and I cant get them off :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
White91TalonTsi said:
Do you get to the SMIC through the wheel fender?. My bolts are rusted on and I cant get them off :(

Yeah, a few bolts and you should be able to get it out.
Umm, you can try liquid wrench or wd 40 and let it sit for a while and then try.
Repeat as necesary until they loosen

When putting them back on, use antiseize not while trying to get them off.

You probably only need like 2 - 3 lt of gas, or 3/4 of a gallon to clean it. That '
s been the only time I've used 87 octane gas in the car :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is really easy to get off. Like stated above use gas, some people use rubbing alchohol also. There is a write up in the vfaq for it. Also, try spraying some pb blaster on the bolts and let it set for a while if they are hard to get off. I have always liked pb better than wd40 or liquid wrench.

·
Registered
666 Posts
slow_dsm said:
It is really easy to get off. Like stated above use gas, some people use rubbing alchohol also.

yeah, I've used rubbing alcohol before with good results. one time I didn't have any and sprayed some engine degreaser in there instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts