DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I bought my car with Turbo XS RFL BOV. Now it is venting into atmosphere and I need to recirculate it. I don't now how to do it because of the shape of BOV. Has anybody done recirculation on this BOV or do I need to change it into another one?

Thanx,
Adam

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes Adam, you need to change it. In order to recirculate, you need to find a way to connect that "horn" to your intake pipe. So, unless you can weld a piece, it will not hold a tight enough seal no matter how you put in a hose. You could try to insert a large barb fitting or nipple in that horn and then put a hose in it? :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or maybe I could cutt off that wide part of the 'horn' and then be able to put the hose on.
...if I only knew that son of a bitch who had my car before me...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, I live in Lithuania - it would not be the easiest way to find a buyer for Turbo XS BOV here and to ship 1gen BOV from US.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Its been done, not sure where it was posted but if you search im sure you can find the thread. Its either on here or dsmtuners.com

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
The idea of cutting off the bell part of the horn might work. :) Just leave enough that you can get a hose over the remainder and get a clamp on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys,
just to let you know. I have cut off the bell part of BOV's horn and was able to put the hose on it and clamp it. It worked out very well. I am happy now. Car feels stronger.
I'll post some pictures of raped Turbo XS RFL BOV tomorrow. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts