DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

How to remove rusted seat.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mutzky 
#1 ·
I'm from europe so sorry for bad english.

I recently bougt Plymouth laser rs turbo awd that had hole in windsheild for years. So that means water leaked inside the car. The car is suprisingly rust free even where the water stayed. Not so lucky for seats. the rails are rusted stuck and can't move them an inch so i cant get to the screws that hold the seat in. The carpet and overall interior was covered in moss and even plants were growing inside so i dont want to stick my head in to look under the seat for nothing to find. Is there a way to remove the bottom part of the seat (where the but sits) without taking the seat out so i can get to railing. Or is there some other way to remove them. I was able to remove front two bolts on de passanger side but cant get to the back ones. On the driver side the bolts aren't accsesible.
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

See less See more
#2 ·
Strangely I have had the same problem.The fix is to put a piece of plywood against the back seat verticle to the bottom.Next put a scizzors jack against the plywood side ways so that it will expand like an accordian between the back seat and the front seat base.Make sure the base of the jack is againt the front eat and the small head of the jack is against the back plywood.Pull up on the front seat adjustment leaver in the front of the Drivers or Passenger's seat whichever you are working on.Last of all,crank the scizzords jack to open and froce the front seat forward to push that seat until you can get to the floor bolts to remove the seat.

#3 ·
Got them out in a simmilar way. The driver seat was so rusted out it almost crumbled by the force of the long pipe i used. The problem i had was that the wire that conected both locking mechanizems were roted away so i stuck them open with u profile aluminium stock. Bit of patience which i have a lot :) got them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.