DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i 'm about to give up on it ,i have everything loose i can see.i followed the procedure from taboo.still can't budge it .is that a bolt on the end of the clutch leverplate??
thnx:confused:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
There is a metal plate right above and behing the clutch pedal assembly that holds a strip with 3 relays on it. Remove the relays, and bang the metal part in with a hammer, and it will come out.

I've done this procedure 4 times so far. It sucks :eek:

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,615 Posts
Yep you need to drop the steering column, and the middle bracket holding the column up. You also need to remove the 4 12mm bolts holding the bracket nearest the clutch lever, so the two ends of the pedal assembly can twist if you will. Once you pull out the brack mc enough, and have the clutch mc pulled out, you should be able to get it. Yep the other bracket that holds the sensors is a pita too (cut away the middle sections up to the bolt holes to make putting it in a little easier).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hate to jump in on a different note but it is a clutch pedal assembly question. Has anyone ever twisted the rod for the pedal in half.? Because I welded it 3 different times and it kept giving in and finally it bent the rod in half but the welds were still in tact. Could it possibly be something seizing in the clutch?

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,615 Posts
ODBturboAWD said:
I hate to jump in on a different note but it is a clutch pedal assembly question. Has anyone ever twisted the rod for the pedal in half.? Because I welded it 3 different times and it kept giving in and finally it bent the rod in half but the welds were still in tact. Could it possibly be something seizing in the clutch?
ODB started another thread so please send your replies over to that one.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=61862

·
Registered
57 Posts
thanks for adding that in there for me I just didnt know if I would get the response in this tread and I also didnt want to totally change the topic on ya!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts