DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
i am running the hrc s-20g and yes i like it very well. why didn't you get the 20g??
i always thought the s-16g was a waste of money beings that you can get a big 16g for like $650 and you don't need an external w/g for a 16g. so why get the hahn s-16g and pay over a grand for something that has more lag then a regular 16g. just courious?? i bought mine because at the time i didn't want an external w/g and i thought of 16g's as "little street turbo's"(sorry guys) so i knew i wanted something bigger then a 16g. and with the 20g's you definitly need an external w/g...so i went with the hahn piece.
little did i know that i would move on to consider 20g's as "little street turbo's" and crave something bigger :D any takers on the s-20g???

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
223 Posts
I looked into a super turbo from HRC awhile back. Then some posts came up about melting radiator fans because you can't use the lower heat sheild posts turned me away. Have you guys found a solution to this or are claims of melting fan fins bogus?

Thanks

Bill Norton
98 TsiAWD
91 TsiAWD

·
Registered
871 Posts
i'd have to say yes. as far as i know the hrc s-16g has the same compressor wheel as a regular 16g. if you are thinking of getting the s-16g, forget it and just get a big 16g and save yourself a couple hundred dollars.
how about a "big super 16g" :D :D :D

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dsm4eva:
No, but I'll sell you my T04E cause I need a ballbearing Turbonetics. :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, a little to small for me :D the next turbo i buy will probably be a TSO4 bb or a T40 or T50 series turbo, but that will be when i make the switch to all out race. although those damn hks manifolds are all but extinct so untill somebody makes a nice cast mani or hks starts making them again i'll stick with the 20g. might have it upgraded to a frank 4 or 5 though :D
98TsiRelic;
yes the s-turbo's will melt your a/c fan. mine lasted about a week :D i don't use the a/c anyways....that would mean i couldn't hear my turbo soooo......

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You can still get the manifolds from Japan. Get to be pals with someone that travels there a lot. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm. interesting. I did have a problem w/ the fan, but I just made a piece of aluminum 7"x11", put it under the center bolt, problem solved. The flow post is interesting. I've been told by a couple different shops that the Super16 is similar in terms of flow to the FrankJR,I dunno. I was going to go w/ the Super20, but I only have a 2.5" downpipe, and didn't feel like replacing my entire exhaust system. As far as lag, what lag? it spools up MAYBE about 100-200 higher than the stock turbo, if that. I rode in a guys GS-T w/ a ball bearing KILLER16G, and it felt the same. I don't know where this lag thing is coming from.........Now that I have an ACT 2600, clutchmasters lightweight flywheel, the 625cc injectors and the AFC, maybe I will upgrade to the 20, but I heard those were the ones w/ crazy lag???

------------------

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a super 20G as well, just curious... what kind of times are you getting with your S20G 4Npower??
Tom

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've a Super 20G and have found it to be a great turbo. So far I have run 12.8 @ 108 on pump gas and 18 psi. But as I understand it, its the high boost scenarios where the turbo really shines. I've yet to go there.

------------------
Cya O!
SPOOLIN!

·
Registered
97 Posts
We have local DSMer here in my area with a Super 20g turbo and i must say that it is very impressive. With only 3 inch turbo back exhaust, a front mount, PMS, and some larger injectors he was able to run a [email protected] mph. AWD ofcourse. I have been very impressed by the turbo, and I recommend it to any one that is looking for a full set up. Just make sure that you get larger injectors and a Front mount or else you will be going no where fast.

------------------
Richard Montalvo

·
Registered
97 Posts
No head work at all. He has never taking the valve cover off. Engine is completely stock internally. Stock 2g intake manifold, throttle body, stock everything. Only bolt ons. If you want to see exactly what he has done go to my website. www.thedsmshop.com and look at the cool cars section look at Paul Mittendorf's car.

Richard www.thedsmshop.com
954-977-6789

1 - 20 of 31 Posts