DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dyno'd the car today and everything ran smooth and power was smooth till about 5500rpms then it flat lines.

Same thing happened on my hx35 setup last year, and now with the hx40 so I know I have a restriction somewhere. Only thing I can think of is the muffler causing back pressure, 02 housing, Cyclone mani, or exhaust manifold but should'nt be the last two. Both setups I hit this "400HP" Wall, something is restricting me. Click on my signature for full spec.

What am I missing here? Has to be something small or stupid I'm over looking. I'll attach my log from the dyno with the dyno run.

Run #1 was from today. HX40 (35PSI & 19*)
Run #2 was last year. HX35.

*Had to snippet the dyno sheet, file too large but shows the HP flat line well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Pulled filter, no change.

Dropped the DP and pulled the gasket, did a pull on the same road and all variables the same and HP jumped and gradually climbs as it should and TQ flatlines vs tapering down now. Also increase air flow by 15LBS/min, yes I know its off but its a base line for reference.

So I know its in the exhaust, now to test without the muffler.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured out my "issue" my stupidity was it actually, I didn't tailor the 2G DA timing table to my setup.

Feels a ton better and holds power well now, please critique my DA timing map.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Good to see man. I dont know a thing about the tuning aspect. Glad you figured it out though.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I was actually just about to chime in to check your timing tables. I'll give them a gander later, broski.

Good to hear from you btw!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts