DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not REALLY hate, but fed up.
I was just driving la la la la like normal, just had ACT2600 installed, and already adjusted the pedal travel nut and bolt, Noe 3 days later......Im driving, Stop. Push in clutch put it in first....everythings OK. start driving, and then push in clutch to put it in second......all of a sudden the friggin pedal goes REAL easy and wont engage the clutch. I can pump it a few times and it will aloww me to put it in gear. OH YEA! If the cars off, the pedal is nice and stiff as usual. Turn the car on and it goes to the floor with no pressure again. Could it be the clutch master cylinder?? theres a little fluid from the boot under the dash, but thats been like that for awile....
Please Help!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Clean that fluid up and see if it comes back. If it does, more then likely the master cylinder is leaking. And where fluid can escape, air can enter, which can cause the symptoms you described of soft the hard pedal. You may just want to try the obvious and bleed the clutch as well.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeah the clutch pedals on are car are a real engineering marvel, damn piesce's of shit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Getting the master cly.off and on is so much fun ,you get a huge head rush from sticking your head under the dash ,and no room at all to work with.putting the pin back in is the best part.I done this aleast 6 times.I had crazy problems when i installed my clutch.:crackit:

·
Honorary Moderator
1,600 Posts
You guys do everything the hard way don't ya. When taking the master out take the cap off the fluid resevoir and drain what you can. Then keep extending the master cylinder arm until it unthreads from the bracket. Then udue the bolts at the firewall and pull it out. Put the new one in and before filling with liquid, spin the new bracket off it and install on the firewall. Then spin the master cylinder arm onto the old bracket still in the car.

That cotter pin is the devil's work... so just leave it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If that doesn't help:

Check where the clutch line connects in the front of the motor.

There is a metal line that comes down the drivers side of the car and connects right behind the radiator.

See if it's leaking and make sure the nut is tight.

My car did the same thing.
It turned out that that line had a small split in it and it wasn't building any pressure, so I could push the clutch all the way to the floor and It wouldn't do anything.

I dry shifted it to my grandpas shop and we braised the split.
Has never leaked again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts