DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you guys still no luck on getting in my tranny anyway I was wondering if useing a cherry picker would work to hang in there and put it on. This has now been going on for 3 weeks. :( (it has been raining a lot alot here)

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
What exactly is the problem? The transmission is easy to put in. On a 1g you need to twist the transmission slightly to get it in the car.

How did you manage to get it out if you cant get it in?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O I can get it in there no prob. with the jack no prob all day long. The problem is thet when it is about an inch and a half away it wont move, twist or do anything except be a asshole.:(

I just pulled it out last time.:dunno:

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Is it because the output shaft wont go into the clutch area? Either you didnt align the clutch properly or you need to turn the crank shaft slightly to get it to mate up.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the clutch is centered still and I tried tuning it but ughhh it is the gay. Also there have been like 5 people have tried and no luck.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Sounds like either the clutch isnt aligned, the crank needs to be rotated or somehow the output shaft could be bent.

I dont know what else could be the problem, unless one of the pins came out or is cocked at a weird angle causing the transmission not to line up.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
I use a engine hoist to install a transmission since its easy and well, basically its a one person job that way. I have managed to get a trans lined up in 5 minutes using a hoist and some rope.

I dont know man.. I have only done one trans on a 1g, we used a car lift and a trans jack hehe. On 2g's I have done 10 or so trans jobs and use a hoist.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Wow, pulling the motor just to get the tranny to go back in seems a bit much, but I've never had to pull the motor to do it, so I guess I don't know. I would just think there has to be something better. These things are machines, and have to go together a certain way. There IS a limited amount of things that can go wrong. Have you checked with a Haynes or Chilton to see if everything looks good?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The_EE said:
I use a engine hoist to install a transmission since its easy and well, basically its a one person job that way. I have managed to get a trans lined up in 5 minutes using a hoist and some rope.

I dont know man.. I have only done one trans on a 1g, we used a car lift and a trans jack hehe. On 2g's I have done 10 or so trans jobs and use a hoist.
Best way in my opinion. I pulled it and installed by MYSELF

I put the trans on a tire and pushed it under the car without any of the mounts on. Take them off or it IS going to be a bitch

I got my engine hoist, strapped tha mother fucker, lifted it up till it was close enough to put over the clutch

You gotta wiggle it around, I dont know. It took me 10 mins to finally get it attached to the block. Then put the mount in and bolt it up

LIke I said, take off the mounts so its easier.

Hope that helps homie. I would come over if you were close enough

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well the motor is out and the damn thing still wont go on. is it possible that there two diff. flywheels for the car. 6 bolt

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
If you have an AWD transmission and a FWD flywheel they won't work.

If that's the case, too bad you were impatient and pulled the motor just for that.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
FWD and AWD have always been different sizes throughout history.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am going to stabb autozone. ... i asked and asked about if awd and fwd were diff. :tat: (" o no it's the same size.") ..... ... ... i got nothing I'm so sad 3 weeks wasted:(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts