DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one tried using 2 legacy 700's??? My friend want me to buy his for $50 each and i guess there new. ANyone heard anything about these speakers?

·
Registered
733 Posts
They are legacy. You get what you pay for. I had a legacy amp in my old car, and it did it's job fine.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Keep in mind, Legacy is Pyramid!:eek:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would avoid them. If you are going to pay 100 dollars for both of them. Go out and buy Kenwood subs when they are on sale at Circuit City. (buy one get one free) You will like those better. Also Pay Thirty dollars more and get a set of Kicker Comps. They are nice speakers that is the Kicker Comps. Legacy can't handle the wattage and sounds muddy. I would avoid them like the plague.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i jsut talked to him...

Now hes sayin $30 each because he is VERY low on money right now due to his previous accident....Thats changin my mind a bit....Ok say I get the two Legacy 700s, the 3200 watt sony amp i already have and the clarion head unit that i have (45X4). Will this setup sound decent???

·
Registered
747 Posts
Sure it'll sound decent. The enclosure is more important than the woofer, anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a box with a 75 degree angle...

Its all fiberglass.....Is that a good housing...

__
| \
| \ <----75 degree angled box
| \
| \
|___ \

·
Registered
747 Posts
As long as it's solid, and doesn't flex under pressure, a fiberglass box is fine. Just make sure that the box is the recommended enclosure size for the woofers, or they'll never perform well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts