DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

I just got in an accident...

2K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  iameatingpez 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I just now registered to this site, and I have a few questions. Well I'll tell ya first off how it happened. Well basically I was driving on a local road and it was wet. A car made a SUDDEN stop right in front of me and I hit the brakes almost right away. Unfortunately I slid into the back of him and hit rear-ended him going around 30mph. Well I am thankfully alright, jsut a few bruises, but my car on the other hand isn't doing too good. My Front bumper, Hood, both flip-uplights, my corner lights, and parking lights, center piece, and maybe on fender are all badly banged up. I'm almost positive that all these parts will need to be replaced soon. Other than that, I'm almost certain that everything is alright excpet for one thing. My radiator may have a small leak, is so, what should I expect for a new one? $250? Well anyways, I was wondering what you all think I should do. I am short on money but willing to do whatever it takes to get my baby back on the road. Should I buy everything stock? And leave it unpainted for a while? Or go w/ the aftermarket front fascia? Well what prices should I expect for these items. Has anyone purshased a stock front bumper from a junkyard recently? And maybe a hood? Well Tell me all what you think if anyone have any ideas for me. Thanks in advance...

#3 ·
I feel your pain. Some crack head bissach pulled out in front of me two months ago, my baby is finally in the shop this week. If you look online for parts you can find some really cheap.

Aftermarket hood = $250
Satan’s hood = $450
Carbon fiber hood = $400 w/ shipping
Aftermarket bumper = $300
Satan’s bumper = $550
Aftermarket radiator = $100
Satan’s radiator = $210
Fluidine radiator $450

The prices may not me exact but they are pretty close.

Is your insurance is covering? If are and they price out the parts according to dealer prices you can buy aftermarket body parts and use the extra money to buy performance parts and such. At least that’s what I did.

#4 ·
...dont you have insurance?

#5 ·
RicedOutRS said:
Hello everyone I just now registered to this site, and I have a few questions. Well I'll tell ya first off how it happened. Well basically I was driving on a local road and it was wet. A car made a SUDDEN stop right in front of me and I hit the brakes almost right away. Unfortunately I slid into the back of him and hit rear-ended him going around 30mph. Well I am thankfully alright, jsut a few bruises, but my car on the other hand isn't doing too good. My Front bumper, Hood, both flip-uplights, my corner lights, and parking lights, center piece, and maybe on fender are all badly banged up. I'm almost positive that all these parts will need to be replaced soon. Other than that, I'm almost certain that everything is alright excpet for one thing. My radiator may have a small leak, is so, what should I expect for a new one? $250? Well anyways, I was wondering what you all think I should do. I am short on money but willing to do whatever it takes to get my baby back on the road. Should I buy everything stock? And leave it unpainted for a while? Or go w/ the aftermarket front fascia? Well what prices should I expect for these items. Has anyone purshased a stock front bumper from a junkyard recently? And maybe a hood? Well Tell me all what you think if anyone have any ideas for me. Thanks in advance...
My rad was badly caroded so I bought a used one from the wreckers off a talon for 80 bux and put it in myself. Thats 80 CAD.

#7 ·
Definetly call the junkyards within a reasonable drive from you. You will save money now. Then you can get the body parts painted later. Get the car on the road, if it is your only transport, then make her pretty again. But it may make more sense to turn it in to your insurance, depending on your age, deductible, etc.

#8 ·
Yes...

Yes I do have insurance to whoever asked that dumbass question. Well thanks for the help everyone. next week ill check the j-yards and see what they got. Any more suggestions? I may go with a aftermarket front bumper and yes I did SEARCH. SO you don't have to flame me about that either. Well if anyone else has any more ideas for me feel free to say, otherwise ill use what i have and go from there. Thanks in advance,
mj

#9 ·
RicedOutRS said:
I am short on money but willing to do whatever it takes to get my baby back on the road. Should I buy everything stock?
it's not such a dumbass question when you say that you're short on money and insurance is supposed to cover your accidents....
maybe you should make the situation more clear.

#11 ·
i wouldnt get the aftermarket bumper unless its important to you. i got one when i hit a deer and killed the front of my car. i got almost everything new from somewhere. not a day goes by i dont try to kick myself in the face for spending so much cash. i could have got stock parts used paid for the painting and still had a ton of dough (no pun intended) to spend on tons of go fast goodies. thats my thought and my nightmare.;)

#12 ·
And by the way...

I am only 16 years old and I only have liability. I have a lot of mods on my car already and I have probably spent near 7000 on it so far. But like I said unfortunately right now I am VERY short on $$ and willing to do anything.

Also....$100 for an aftermaket radiator? Where exactly can I find that?

#13 ·
eclipse2nr91 said:
Read the rules! No for sale or wanted adds on the forums. It is as easy as emailing or PMing the person. -greenstreak
Maybe you should read before posting!!! I am not selling anything, I was just letting the guy know what he might expect to pay for some of those parts.

Next tiime READ because it just makes you look like the dumbass when you don't.

#14 ·
Just to let you know, that was Greenstreak's edit to the other guy's post. It appears eclipse2nr91 posted something for sale, which is against the rules. So instead of taking it out, and putting nothing there, greenstreak left a comment, not pointed at you, but at the eclipse2nr91. ;)

#17 ·
I just got done....

Me and my dad were workin on the car and we noticed thatalong with the fender, bumper, hood, and lights, we noticed that I also need the front support that is connected with the hood prop. Anyone know if these a carried in the j-yards also? Well thats I can tell you for now. I'm still deciding what to do. I may go with an aftermarket bumper and cf hood. AND YES i do know where i can find these. So dont post anything else on them theres enough threads out there...Thanks again

#19 · (Edited)
Never mind.

#21 ·
Dude chill out I re-read it and was in the process of editing my message when you got smart. Talk about a bitch ass newb. I've never seen anyone come on here with such an attitude.

#25 ·
Re: ok well thanks

RicedOutRS said:
i just entered this site and im already being called a dumbass...what a welcome...thanks
take a look at the way you act.
This isn't clubsi or off-topic.net or supra forums.
People are actually somewhat mature here and it isn't necessarily welcomed that you come in here with a blazing fire behind you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.