DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
28lbs each for 18's!?!? They look great, and I know that an eighteen inch wheel isn't going to be light, but that is substantially heavier than I had anticipated. I an wanting to keep it in the 20-22lb range.

·
Registered
733 Posts
mpratt95 said:
28lbs each for 18's!?!? They look great, and I know that an eighteen inch wheel isn't going to be light, but that is substantially heavier than I had anticipated. I an wanting to keep it in the 20-22lb range.
My 18 inch rim is in that range. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
yah, all the Motegi are heavy as hell. My buddy ordered some for a mail ordercompany, and wheh he got them, he didn't like the weight and some them on teh streets and lost a bit on them.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My 17 inch motegi's are 23lbs apiece. Motegi's wheels are just plain heavy. Konig makes the Tantrum which is exactly the same wheel. The MR-7 is the knock off of the Tantrum.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well hell...I don't care who makes my wheel, as long as it looks good, is decently light, and affordable. Why aren't volks just a little cheaper.....damnit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
mpratt95 said:
Well hell...I don't care who makes my wheel, as long as it looks good, is decently light, and affordable. Why aren't volks just a little cheaper.....damnit.

two words:

ROTA WHEELS

·
Registered
374 Posts
hey cucumber how much do your wheels wiegh? and do you know off hand how much the 17's weigh? ive looked around but i havent found anything on their weight. Thanks in advance. and mine are in whatever range cucumber says, but if you want light wheels for with the sub zeros.

·
Registered
172 Posts
norcal-nonturbo:

TaLoNBLiNGBLiNG said:
My 17 inch motegi's are 23lbs apiece. Motegi's wheels are just plain heavy. Konig makes the Tantrum which is exactly the same wheel. The MR-7 is the knock off of the Tantrum.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok...checked out the rota site. I found one I like; an apparent knock off of the volk TE37, but it only comes in a 15. Strange. Here they are:

www.rotawheels.com/grid.htm

·
Registered
652 Posts
where can I get some rota grid wheels? I've looked around and can't find a place that sells em. I read on another site that they're in 15 and 16 inch. I could do 16. I'd prefer 17, but oh well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The grids were actually discontinued a long time ago, they got brought back but only for honda's by special request.

Pappy said:
where can I get some rota grid wheels? I've looked around and can't find a place that sells em. I read on another site that they're in 15 and 16 inch. I could do 16. I'd prefer 17, but oh well.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
kyvahe said:
The grids were actually discontinued a long time ago, they got brought back but only for honda's by special request.

Aww, that stinks. Volk TE37s look so good on gvr4s, but there's no way I'm paying that much.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have the 17" MR-7s and well they are like stated before, so friggin heavy. I have been looking around for some light 17s, from 12lbs to 16lbs. Well the 12 pounders were like $300 and something per rim.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts