DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i changed my throttle body shaft seals the other day. I let it sit 20 minutes for everything to settle after reinstalling the throttle body. When i took it for a drive it dod fine for about a mile; then when accelerating out of a turn, it started to sputter and wouldn't rev.until the pedal was at the 4000rpm point. Once there it was fine cruising and at idle. After another 5 minutes of being on, the car now sputters 100% at idle. Once you get the pedal down to the 4000 rpm point it acts like nothing is wrong. I checked the plugs, cables, timing. They are all good. The car sounds like it's running on 2 or 3 cylinders or just skipped timing but it didn't. What do i need to check? I'm a little confused by the guide to test the power transistor. The coils resistance tested fine. I'm nearing wits end. All i did was change the throttle body shaft seals and now my car is a dud. It's a 91 tsi for the record.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts