DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd 2.0 Turbo

Among Searching On Here I Have Learned Alot, But I Am Just Looking For A Few More Answers Than I Could Find. Great Site Btw

A Month Back I Posted About A Low Idle Issue, At The Time I Wasnt Having A Cel Come On. Well A Couple Of Weeks Later It Came On So I Went And Had The Codes Checked. This Is What I Was Told

P1400 - Manufacture Control Auxilary Emisson Control
P0505 - Idle Control System Malfunction

So First Are The Two Related?

I Did Purchase A New Iac For Replacement. Is It As Simple As Unscrew The Two Screws Pull Out The Iac And Put The New One In?
Should I Drive It A While After Installing Till The Ecu Adjusts? At A Certain Point Or Time Should I Adjust The Basic Idle Myself?

As For The P1400 Code All I Can Find Is That Its The Manifold Sensor Or An Egr Solenoid. It Also Seems That This Code Doesnt Go Away After Replacement Of The Two Items Most The Time. So What Do I Do Then. Canit Be A Larger Problem Than What Ithink?

Plugs Were Changed A Few Months Back And I Am Going To Clean The Battery Terminals Before I Make The Isc Swap And See If This Does Anything.

All Help Is Appreciated.....this Is My Dd And I Need To Get To Work So I Can Throw More Money At My Failing Car....

P.s. Iam Not A Mechanic...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
i cant even edit my mistakes.....so here we go again

1995 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd 2.0 Turbo

Among Searching On Here I Have Learned Alot, But I Am Just Looking For A Few More Answers Than I Could Find. Great Site Btw.

About a month ago I was having a low idle issue. It wasnt surging, just dropped to 200rpms or less and has stayed there.

At The Time I Wasnt Having A CEL Come On. Well A Couple Of Weeks Later It Came On So I Went And Had The Codes Checked. This Is What I Was Told.

P1400 - Manufacture Control Auxilary Emisson Control
P0505 - Idle Control System Malfunction

So First Are The Two Related?

I Did Purchase A New ISC For Replacement. Is It As Simple As Unscrew The Three Screws Pull Out The ISC And Put The New One In?
Should I Drive It A While After Installing Till The Ecu Adjusts? At A Certain Point Or Time Should I Adjust The Basic Idle Myself?

As For The P1400 Code All I Can Find Is That Its The Manifold Sensor Or An Egr Solenoid. It Also Seems That This Code Doesnt Go Away After Replacement Of The Two Items Most The Time. So What Do I Do Then? Can it Be A Larger Problem Than What I think?

Plugs Were Changed A Few Months Back And I Am Going To Clean The Battery Terminals Before I Make The ISC Swap And See If This Does Anything.

All Help Is Appreciated.....this Is My Dd And I Need To Get To Work So I Can Throw More Money At My Failing Car....

P.s. Iam Not A Mechanic...

I did type this in all caps and this is how it posted...FYI

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.